I've never been much of a list or goal maker, but the last year or so I've been trying it for my quilting projects - to great success!! Besides the obvious goodness of finishing a project (so I can start new ones), I've won some monthly prizes too! Woo-hoo! In fact, I was just notified this week that a package is on its way, YAAAYYYYY!!!
So here is my list of projects I've already started and would like to finish - or at least make some progress on over the next 3 months:
1.I've been slowly working on my Grand Illusion quilt. I have almost all of the subunits assembled now, and the sashing is sewn. I'd love to get this top together, quilted and bound before I have to start 3 commissioned quilts later this month. (OK, so that's next week when the fabric for the new quilts arrive.) s
2. Looking at this picture, you'd never guess a scrappy maple leaf quilt top, but that's what this will be. I've been using this as my leader/ender project for about a year, and because I want it really scrappy, I keep setting it aside until I get more fabric scraps to add to it. I'm getting close to enough pieces now, so it's time to start sewing blocks.
3. I keep going back and forth on this project. I have enough fabric to make two lap quilts, but I'm getting bored with the color scheme. I'm thinking of combining these together into a double bed quilt. I think having a centre medallion of the red and white blocks, surrounded by narrow sashing, then the red/black/white blocks, with a narrow border then a pieced border (maybe sawtooth?). The specifics are a bit unclear, but I keep coming back to this project.
4. I always seem to have a stack of orphan blocks that are destined to become bags. The Dresden fan block was too busy for the quilt I intended it for, so I made the 9-patch from charm squares for the second side. The striped blocks are leftover odd-sized strips from a quilt I made 4 years ago. I've already got the binding cut with these, so this will be a quick finish.
5. This year marks my grandparents' 60th anniversary. I'm working with my mom and aunt to make Dresden plate blocks that we will assemble together in March. I've pulled fabrics for some blades, and I'm hoping to get those sewn up quickly!
6. I started this tablecloth as a take-along project this summer, and I'm making good progress so far, almost 3 out of 6 sections are together.
So with any luck, I'll get some things on this list finished. I've also got 2 quilts with a March deadline to start and finish before then, so it'll be a busy quarter!Tweet Visit crafTraditions's profile on Pinterest.
Our little quilting group is making great progress this month on our Starry Night QAL, I'm the last to finish!
My latest memory quilt was delivered last weekend, and it's a cute one!
A new applique technique this month really challenged my fabric folding ability!
Starry Night QAL January blocks complete! Our group made 12 blocks last week for our new quilt along :)
Mary is a local quilting friend who loves to piece, but gets bogged down during quilting. These are 2 of the quilts I machine quited for her this spring :)