This year, I have been doing rather poorly at achieving my quilting goals. If this list looks familiar, it's because all of these have been on the finish list for 2 quarters now!
So here's a recap of how I did for my third quarter goals, and which ones I hope to finish over the next three months.
I'm calling this Ashley's quilt for now - because my friend Ashley asked me to make it - but that name is kinda dull....The quilt idea however, is not! I took two bags of her boys' baby clothes, and chopped them into either 6.5 inch squares or 3 inch strips. One side of this quilt is the squares in a 14x9 grid. The other side is the 3 inch strips on a diagonal. This needs to be finished mid-July, so it's an easy first finish for the quarter!
This quilt is for my sister and brother-in-law, who will celebrate their 15th wedding anniversary in August. I don't know if it will be finished by then, or if I'll be heading back home to deliver it - but I do want to finish this soon so I can definitely deliver it at Christmas!
I didn't come close to finishing this quilt before our summer vacation. The top has been together since June, then got set aside until September. I've added 3 more borders to the flimsy in the photo above, and today the quilting is almost finished, only 2 sides to quilt on the last border WoooHooo!!
Maybe I can get the binding ready for a Thanksgiving weekend hand sewing and movie marathon?
I started this quilt only 2 weeks ago after visiting friends who told me their daughter loves this movie. I've had this pattern on my radar for two years and I keep showing it to my family, but needed a kick to get started. I have 2 character blocks done, one more half done, and another is ready to sew. I really can't wait to get this on my bed!
It seems that this quilt has been forgotten. I did finish the 2 character blocks I had started in May, but haven't even printed the foundations for the next ones. Here's the link to see the second installment of Count Rugen and Buttercup. I really loved the book and the movie, and I don't have a quilt on my bed right now, so you'd think this would rank higher in my finish list!
Last summer I collected several patterns for the Row by Row Experience, but only sewed one. This summer I intend to collect more patterns as I am exposed to quilt shops. (I know, it's such hardship!) I really need a few more quilts for the trailer - so this is a great way to try new techniques and create a memory quilt of my journeys the past 2 years.
I did visit a lot of shops while on vacation this summer, and my family picked up some kits for me while they were traveling too :) I've got one row cut out and the appliques are prepared, so maybe with a day or two on the machine I'll have one row done!
Since this quarter ends at Christmas, I'm going to add a few projects that are supposed to be gifts!
I think this might be a rather ambitious list to finish, but that's why we set goals right? Where's the fun if the tasks were easy to accomplish?
I hope you challenge yourself to finish a project or two and join us at the linky party On the Windy Side!
This month's block used paper piecing technique, one that all three of us were familiar with and happy to assemble!
My favourite customer, Ashley asked me to make a quilt from her daughter's baby clothes. I have previously made her quilts for her sisiter-in-law, her boys and she won a school quilt!
August's quilting technique was English Paper Piecing (EPP), a method I was skeptical to try at first.
As I work through the Starry Night QAL, I am learning many new sewing techniques. This month I was pleased to try fabric weaving - especially as it could be done while camping sans sewing machine or p…
Sometimes the best way to use a panel is to cut it up! Mary used the classic attic window block to liven up a pastoral panel.